Friday was my birthday. It was not a good day. I was still feeling really down, it was our due date, we didn’t get our home study like we’d been promised, I got really angry about a situation I tried to mediate, I didn’t hear from some family and friends I always hear from on my birthday, and at my birthday dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, I realized I had a stomach/intestinal thing going on. Let’s just say that it was a LONG 15-minute walk home from the restaurant – and I needed to get home. (I felt a little iffy on the way there, but I honestly thought it was because I was hungry. All I could handle was about 5 bites of my food and 3 sips of my wine. Craig shoveled his food in and we bolted before I could even get my birthday cake.) It stunk.
I’m realizing, however, that a blog called Uninterrupted Prosperity should not all be about how bad my life is. And I know it’s not good for my mental health to only focus on the negatives (even when I feel like they’re weighing me down). I need to get back to thinking about what’s good in my life.
So, the positive notes on my birthday were lovely flowers from Craig and lunch and a pedicure with a good friend. I’m definitely glad for those things.
Today was a pretty good day, and included the following positive things:
* My first exercise since I hurt my back three weeks ago (I had doctor’s orders to limit my activity after my muscle tear) – I took a fast walk with Macy. My back is now pretty sore. We’ll see how it feels tomorrow. I need to get those natural endorphins flowing again.
* Bargain shopping – For just over $200, I managed to get two pairs of shoes, two sweaters, two camisoles, and three other tops. Yay for sales, coupons, and birthday discounts.
* Quinoa-stuffed bell peppers for dinner. Yum.
* Homemade ginger snaps to put in my cute pumpkin-shaped cookie jar.
* New spiced pumpkin candles – my favorite scent, regardless of the time of year, but most appropriate for fall.
* The scale showing that I’ve lost 9 pounds. I’m not quite sure this is right, but, I’ll take it.
There, just thinking through those things gives me a little boost!