I wish I had a great story to tell about a visit to a quaint little B&B, but alas, I don’t. These Bs refer to my back and our basement.
First up – the back. It is definitely better. My acupuncture treatment on Wednesday was helpful. On my acupuncturist’s suggestion, I had a neuromuscular massage on Friday afternoon. This was quite an experience – a combination of major stretching and bending of my legs and then intense pressure on key muscles (primarily the quads and hamstrings but also in the affected area of my back). The massage therapist kept asking me for my pain level on a scale of 0 to 10. He never wanted it to go over 5. When he was working on my back, he could barely do anything without me yelling, “9! That’s a 9!”
After the session, my body felt pretty good. Not just my back, but other parts as well. I thought it was a successful treatment, and I made another appointment for this Friday. And then yesterday I woke up to actual bruises on my lower back and realized that the area was really swollen. Frankly, I looked like someone had shoved a water balloon in the back of my underwear. (I’d show you a picture of the bruises, but this is a PG-rated blog and the injured area is WAY down the back!) Now I feel like I’m dealing with an injured back and essentially a bruised tailbone. I am going to cancel my next session. This was too much.
I went for a walk around the neighborhood this morning because I was dying to get out of the house and to actually move my body. The first ten minutes felt great, and then after that my back got really sore and tired. Tomorrow I’ll call to set up a doctor appointment. I know I am on the mend – and really, it is 100 times better today than it was a few days ago – but I guess I would like to have an official diagnosis so that I know how to prevent another occurrence.
And, on the basement front: We have good news. We actually discovered that the water last week came from our dehumidifier, which was not draining properly. It has a hose connected to it that runs into the sump pump well, but the water was simply overflowing from the basket that collects the water. We think that it must have been jostled somehow when Craig installed our back-up sump pump last weekend. Thankfully this was an easy fix and we didn’t have any more water issues even though we got about 2 inches of rain on Friday. We (Craig) moved all of the furniture and pulled the carpet and padding back to dry out. After another week or so, once we’re sure everything is dry, I think we can put the basement back together. Again.
I have nothing to report on the paperwork front – we are still waiting on the police/gold seal letters and Craig’s health form. We will call about both tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything more about the agency review of the home study, either. Here’s hoping we can wrap things up this week.