We had a wonderful time in Michigan. Here are some quick highlights of our trip:
* Nice, cool temperatures – I don’t think it ever got over 72 or so. I loved it.
* Wonderful food and drink, including a nice salmon dinner cooked by Craig for my mom’s birthday, a special dinner out in Ann Arbor, and even my favorite hometown pizza (Cottage Inn).
* 3 rounds of golf! (Sadly, our game does not seem to be improving…)
* “Julie & Julia” – more on this another day.
* Kayaking around Prentiss Bay and watching a bald eagle fly above.
* Boating through the Les Cheneaux Islands.
* Sleeping – I think we are both very rested!
* Special time with my parents. While we enjoy the larger family gatherings with siblings and all, this was really fun to have one-on-one time with my mom and my dad & stepmom.
We are now back in the land of heat and humidity. (It’s not that bad – but I so enjoyed the mild weather while we were away!) The bags are mostly unpacked but tomorrow will be full of laundry, errands, and so on before we head back to work on Monday. Ugh. I’m trying not to think about that yet. I could get really used to this not-going-to-work thing.
The dogs were appropriately enthusiastic to see us when we got home this afternoon. Their dog sitter reports that they were “absolute angels.” Apparently they behave better when we are away. Hmmm…
I have 200+ emails to get through and 500+ blog posts to read, but I have to say, I *loved* the time away from my computer over the past several days. I won’t be giving up my blogging, that’s for sure, but it does make me wonder if I can better structure my screen time so that it’s not such a constant factor in my life. We’ll see.
Anyway, as always, even after a great time away, it’s good to be home.