The last few days have been pretty interesting and exciting. Here’s a quick run-down:
* Craig finished his autobiography.
* We completed our I-600A (but we have not filed it yet – more on this later).
* Work on our basement started today.
* My awesome sister-in-law started to read “There Is No Me Without You” this week. It means a lot to me that she just went out and picked it up on her own accord after my recent comment about it .
* I’m starting a four-day weekend.
The Really Good
* Our pre-home study paperwork is done! (Yes, I was totally naive when I thought we could finish in a month. We finished in just under three months.)
* We had our first home study interview yesterday! (More on this later.)
* Macy is in heat. Ugh, yuck, eww, gross! I am quite mortified by this as I am such a staunch advocate for spaying and neutering. We rescued her and we don’t know her history. The vet at the shelter thought she felt a spay scar. Our vet did not feel a scar but noted that she didn’t look like she’d been through a few heat cycles, so we were all leaning toward the idea that she was in fact spayed. So we had to wait and see, since the only other option was to open her up to see if her reproductive parts were all there. (I had one of those procedures a couple of years ago!) Needless to say, she will be spayed within the next few weeks. In the meantime she is wearing a doggie diaper thingie, and thankfully she is tolerating that pretty well. But, yuck.